How to Toubleshoot Outlook Express Sending Email Multiple Times?
“There is some problem arising in my Outlook Express 6. Every time when I send an email message to a recipient, then Outlook Express sending emails multiple times automatically. I do not know why this error is generated in OE. I also checked the configuration setting but, I do not find any strange with that. Can anyone tell me what is the problem and why is Outlook Express sending multiple copies of emails with attachments? Please Help!”
Microsoft Outlook Express was the popular email client, but now it is a discontinued application. However, many users still using the different version of Outlook Express and face various problem related to the application. One of the popular glitches is Outlook Express sending emails multiple times error. There are multiple reasons that responsible for this technical problem. Therefore, in this post, we are going to discuss the causes and remedies of the error that Outlook Express sending same email multiple times.
Symptoms of Outlook Express Sending Emails Multiple Times
- The previously sent email message is again delivered to the same recipient automatically.
- When a user starts Outlook Express, the previous email is repeatedly sent to the recipient.
- The message is stuck in ‘Outbox’ folder and does not move to ‘Sent Items’ folder in OE.
When the users encounter above-described situations in Outlook Express, then it means an error is generated in the program.
Why Outlook Express Sending Multiple Copies of Same Email?
There are multiple reasons for the same due to which Outlook Express is sending multiple copies of same email. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The reason behind this error is less space available in the Outlook Express mailbox. In fact, when one can send an email, Outlook Express keeps a copy of the email message and shows in Sent Items folder.
- If the 2 GB space of the mailbox is running out of space, then the sent message is stuck in Outbox folder. As a result, every time when the user starts the program, the message is again delivered to recipient. It does not move to the Outlook Express Sent Items folder.
1. Outlook Express keeps asking for my username and password.
2. Microsoft Outlook Express not responding; how to fix it?
How to Troubleshoot Outlook Express Sending Multiple Copies of Emails With Attachments?
It is clear from the above that low space in the disk or mailbox creating this problem in Outlook Express application. So, it is suggested to make some storage space on the system. To do this, follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Recycle Bin folder, and delete all the unnecessary data items
- Uninstall the programs that are not in used to create some storage space
- Delete the emails from Outbox that is repeatedly sent to the same person
- Reduce some space by removing the message header and body in OE
Moreover, users can also perform the methods that are mentioned below:
Approach #1: Eliminate Messages from Mailbox
- Launch the Outlook Express application and go to Tools tab. Select the Options from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on Maintenance/Advanced tab.
- Now, perform the following steps sequentially:
- Delete messages after (D) days after being downloaded (Here is D similar to a number of days). By default, the limit is five days.
- not keep read messages: This feature allows the users to delete all the read messages when you close OE application.
- Compress files when there is (X) percent wasted space. 20 percent is defined in the program by default.
Approach 2: Use Clean-Up Option
This method will remove email messages from the mailbox, not from the server. Now, go through the below steps:
- Go to File menu, and select the Clean Up Files option.
- Now, the following option appears on the screen.
- Compact: This option is able to eliminate useless space from the disk
- Delete: It removes complete email body with header.
- Remove Messages: It deletes the email body, but keeps the header.
Note: For Outlook Express 5/5.5/6, users first need to delete the mail body and header. After that, reset the folders to save the headers again by clicking on Reset button.
- Finally, click on Close>>OK.
Few Closing Thoughts
Outlook Express mailbox has only a 2 GB size limit. Once this mailbox is reached up to a maximum limit, the Outlook Express start sending multiple copies of emails with attachment. Hence, in this blog, we have discussed the top most solutions that can resolve Outlook Express sending emails multiple times error easily.