Techniques to Fix Email Search Not Working In Outlook for Mac Issue
Nowadays Outlook is the most popular email application that is used to send and receive bulk of emails in an organization as well as personal level. It must be maintained and upgraded timely otherwise many issues may arise. Many times, it is difficult for users to execute and understand Outlook search with updated edition of application.
As Search option, is the most important feature of the Outlook application. It helps to perform a specific search of a defined criterion. It helps in navigating through mails and other components quite proficiently. In the following section, we will discuss email search not working in Outlook for Mac.
Mac Outlook users keep on searching for some alternative because of the multiple issues faced by them like email search is not working. Therefore, users want some solution to move from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. Now, to do the same in a proper way, you can try SysTools Outlook Mac Exporter tool. It is one of the simplest and efficient way of migrating from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook in just a few simple clicks.
Note: While performing the search option, user must be aware of the following facts:
- Operating system must include Spotlight Search Option
- Spotlight Search should be synchronized with Outlook 2016
- When new data is introduced, it takes several minutes for indexing
Causes Behind Email Search Not Working In Outlook for Mac
The problem may arise due to following reasons as mentioned:
- Indexing of Spotlight Search is incomplete
- The name contains the special characters
- Profile or its parent folders are in privacy tab in Spotlight
- Index Search of Spotlight is corrupted
Way to Resolve the Problem
Solution 1: Complete Spotlight Indexing
Solution 2: Eliminate Special Characters
- View Profile Name
- Select Go >> Applications.
- Click on MS Outlook >> Show Package Contents
- Increase Contents, SharedSupport >> Outlook Profile Manager
- Change Profile Name
- Open Identity folder of Outlook 2016 from the mentioned location:
- Now, rename the identity name by removing the special characters
- Confirm the changes by again viewing the profile name.
Solution 3: Remove the tab of Privacy
Solution 4: Fix Spotlight Index Corruption
- Select Apple menu then, go to system preference >> Spotlight
- Click on the privacy tab and now drag the folder, which user wants to index to list of locations that is prevented from Spotlight search
- Choose the folder which is added and remove it from the list by clicking on the remove (-) button
- Now, quite the preferences of system and the Spotlight will re-index folder contents.
Additional Automated Solution
Well, issues with Mac Outlook also happened due to the corruption of data files. And to fix the corruption of the Mac Outlook. We suggest you choose the SysTools Mac Outlook Recovery.
This is one of the most trusted and effective solutions that give you the option to repair the Mac Outlook database like OLK, OLM data file. So, if you are getting an error due to the corruption issue then this automated solution is the right choice for you.
Frequently Asked Question
There can be several reasons behind it such as:
1. Spotlight search indexing is incomplete
2. Your email name contains special characters
3. Spotlight Index search is corrupted
1. Go to Finder on your Mac machine
2. Then, choose Apple Menu >> System Preferences
3. Now, you need to choose Spotlight from the top row
4. Select the items that you want to allow Spotlight to index.
There are few shortcuts that you can use for Spotlight:
1. Command+Space: Open Spotlight menu
2. Command+Option+Space: Open Spotlight in the Finder
3. Escape: Clear Spotlight search box
4. Escape twice: Close Spotlight menu
1. Go to the System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Then, click on the Spotlight >> Privacy tab
3. Simply drag Macintosh HD in this window
4. After that, click on the OK button as the message pop-up
5. Here, choose the drive that you have just added and click on the “-” minus button and remove it from the list.