How to Extract Images from Outlook Email?
Want to know a feasible solution to extract images from Outlook email? Then, without making any further delay, simply make the best use of the article and find the accurate procedure to save multiple photos from Outlook.
Undoubtedly, it is quite exhausting to extract multiple images as an attachment from the Outlook email. Besides this, in case of embedded images, the situation can be worst as the process is much more complex. So, let’s dive a little deeper to quickly save or download those pictures. However, depending on the Outlook version, the procedure to extract photos/pictures from Outlook email is different which is explained in detail in the upcoming sections.
Check Out a User Query to Help Understand the Circumstance Broadly
Due to some urgent business requirements, I need to extract images from Outlook email. However, I am not aware of the procedure for the same. As there are bulk images which need to be downloaded, kindly suggest some appropriate solution, if any. Thanks in advance!
Extract Images from Outlook Email 2010 or Later Version
In MS Outlook 2010 or later version, if the image is embedded as an attachment then you can easily extract the image from Outlook email by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch MS Outlook and select the email followed by clicking the attachment.
- After that, click Save As option to proceed further.
- Under Save Attachment wizard, mention the destination location and click Save to extract images from Outlook email.
Note: If your email is containing multiple pictures, then you can select Save All Attachments option to save all image files on your computer.
How to Save Embedded Images from Outlook Email?
- At first, you need to select the email, then click the attachment.
- Now, right-click on the photo and select Copy option.
- After that, using the Paste option, save the image at the desired location.
Extract Images from Outlook Email 2007 or Older Versions
In the older versions of MS Outlook, there is no option to save the picture. However, there are some other workarounds to save your email images. You may need to try more than one option depending on the MS Outlook version.
- Open the email, copy the image and then paste it into the photo editing software like Photoshop or Paint. Now, you can save the picture by selecting File and then Save or Save As option from the Dropdown menu to extract images from Outlook email.
- You can also save your email by using the web browser. For that, open your email, select Other Actions and then choose the option View In Browser. This will open your email image on the default web browser as an HTML web page. Now, you can right-click on the photo to save the embedded image.
Save the Entire Email With Embedded Images
Following are the steps to save email with all inline embedded image signature.
- Select the email that needs to be saved and go to File >> Save As option.
- From the Save As window, select HTML as the Save as type and click Save.
- As you click on Save, one File with .htm extension and one Folder will be saved at the destination location.
- The file is the email itself and all your images contained within the email will be saved in the folder.
All the aforementioned methods can be used for extracting the image from the Outlook email. However, the problem occurs when you have a large number of email messages containing image or pictures from which you want to extract all the embedded pictures from multiple Outlook PST files.
How to Extract Images from Multiple Emails or Bulk PST files?
When there are multiple emails from which you need to extract images from Outlook email. It is best recommended to avail SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor Software. The software is designed in a manner to extract all images, photo or picture types such as .gif, .jpg, .png, etc., from the emails within a few minutes. You can download the free version or purchase the full version of the software from its official website.
You can add multiple PST files to extract images from Outlook emails by following the steps mentioned below:
- Install and launch the software on your Windows system
- Click on Open and select Add File(s) to add PST files one by one. Users can also add a folder having multiple PST files by availing Add Folder option.
- Based on the requirement, choose the desired option to “Maintain folder hierarchy”.
- Then, browse the destination location to save multiple photos from Outlook.
- At last, click Extract to begin extracting pictures from Outlook email.
All the images from multiple Outlook emails and from multiple PST(s) will be saved at the destination folder. The tool will create a separate folder for each PST file and for each email. You can select the email to view the photo embedded within the email.
The Closing Lines
You can easily extract images from Outlook email by using the manual methods. However, the manual technique is quite tedious yet time consuming to extract pictures or photos from multiple emails or bulk PST files. In this case, you should use the aforementioned application which is recommended by the experts to extract embedded images from multiple PST files or multiple emails within a short span of time.
Frequently Asked Questions by the Users
Q. How do I save multiple embedded images in Outlook?
A. For that, select the source emails >> File >> Save As option. Then, choose HTML as the Save as type and click Save button.
Q. How to save all pictures from Microsoft Outlook?
A. If there are bulk Outlook emails to extract images from Outlook, then it is highly suggested to download Outlook Attachment Extractor software.
Q. How do I save a picture as an attachment?
A. Select the email message which contains the attachment. Then, right-click the picture and select Save As or Save Image option. Now, mention the folder path to save the extracted picture attachment.