Recover Deleted Messages from Thunderbird Email – Guide
Have you ever been in a situation where you deleted an email from Inbox as well as Trash and later you recognized that it was an important email which you removed. You might have faced difficulty to recover Deleted Messages from Mozilla Thunderbird. Here are some eventualities that a user typically faces:
I’ve unconsciously erased my latest emails and Mozilla Thunderbird’s Archives folder, while not realizing this might also wipe out identical messages in my Inbox. Is there any possibility to retrieve the deleted messages?
Firstly, you might possibly need to verify that the mails are actually accessible in Trash or not. This feature act almost like the Recycle Bin in your desktop that permits you to check whether or not the information is present there or not.
If you’ve removed the emails from Trash, you’ll be able to still restore all of your deleted data. (Note: Check that the e-mail compression option is not selected.)
You need not worry if you probably did the same. Here is an excellent approach that will recover your wiped out email from Mozilla Thunderbird.
Steps to Recover Deleted Messages from Thunderbird Email
- Open your Mozilla Thunderbird email client. Here, a demo mail is used for demonstration and deleting the mail from from the Inbox as well as trash as shown below:
- Now go to the Default Location of the Mozilla Thunderbird:
OR Start Run prompt and type the following:
(Note: If any user defined location that you have already defined while configuring Thunderbird. You can find the location from options > Account Settings> Server Settings>Local Directory)
- In the above mentioned location you’ll find files like Inbox, Trash, Sent items etc. with MSF extension. Select the files apart from MSF and open with notepad or Wordpad. Choose” Inbox” as shown below:
- Scroll all the way down to the end of file here you’ll find the X-Mozilla-Status:(some number) which contains all the deleted emails which you have removed from Inbox or Trash folder. But you can’t restore from here. You can only view the status of emails.
- To Recover Deleted Messages from Mozilla Thunderbird, all you’ve to export Thunderbird emails to PST format.
- Add the above mentioned Inbox File in suggested tool that will enable you to import the Thunderbird MBOX file and restore all the deleted messages from Thunderbird Mail.
- Now you’ll be able to see the mail which you deleted or accidentally got deleted from your mailbox in Software window even if the Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook are not installed on the system.
- This software will also enable you to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook application easily.
The suggested method is the most simplest way to retrieve your erased Thunderbird emails. You need not be a technical geek to recover your messages from Thunderbird. You only have to follow the above steps which will quickly help you regain your lost emails within few seconds. This article helps user to resolve their query to recover deleted Thunderbird emails.