Recall Outlook Messages
Recalling messages from a particular Outlook recipient compels you to have Exchange Server mail account as well as the recipient for which you want to recall the message should also have MS Exchange Server connectivity. Moreover, recalling messages from someone’s Outlook account that is connected to ISP (internet service provider) is not possible.
A Scenario Where Message Recall Required
Say you are asking to review the mail regarding sales you have sent to your co-workers. Instead of positive response, you are getting messages like “where is the attachment”, “I didn’t get any file in attachment”.
To undo the error, you will have to recall the message and then, you can forward it to all the recipients. And one more thing, for those who have not opened the email yet you can use sleight of hand that is replacing the original email to the new one with attachment.
- Open Outlook -> Navigation Pane ->Sent Items->Open the message for recall->Actions Tab -> “Recall The Message” -> If you do not see ‘Recall The Message’ within Action menu -> Follow the tab “Delete Unread Copies”-> Replace it with new message ->OK -> type the text for new message and add the attachment -> Send
Note: If you are going to send the message for a number of users then, say users to notify you “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails”
There are many more situations where you will have requirement to recall Outlook messages.
Message Recall Fails When:
- Outlook user is not logged into Mail Service Provider
- Message is not in the particular mailbox
- Message is not unread
When Recall Works:
- Outlook should be in online mode
- The mailbox where message is stored should open for recall actions
- Message should be in unread mode and stored within the original mailbox