Outlook Is Prompting For Password When Connected To Gmail
MS Outlook, the most commonly used email client that provides superior features than any other email clients. MS Outlook allows user of other email client like Gmail, Yahoo etc. to configure their account with Outlook. However, user faces many issues while connecting their Gmail account with Outlook like prompt for password after enabling save password option. The blog will be discussing about the constant problems encountered “outlook keeps asking for password with configured gmail account,”and the ways on how to resolve them:
Getting to the Roots of the Issues (Outlook continually asking for Password)
While configuring a different Gmail email account with the MS Outlook, we need to follow the steps stated below:
- Open the email client account i.e. Gmail for which we want to configure with MS Outlook
- Login to the Gmail account by providing username and password
- Go to the ‘settings’ icon on the top right-side of the screen and select Settings
- Settings option will be displayed from where user have to choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- User can choose between IMAP and POP i.e. if you want to configure POP account with Outlook, enable POP radio button and for IMAP account, enable IMAP button. Save the changes to proceed.
- Open MS Outlook and click on New to create new profile
- Add the name of the profile and click OK
- Add account window will be opened. Select Manual setup or additional server types and click on Next
- Choose service from the options, select POPor IMAP and click Next
- POP and IMAP account settings will be appeared where the account details will be entered like user information, server information, and logon information.
- Click on More Settings and open Outgoing server tab, select use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on Advanced Tab and enter the port number of incoming and outgoing server. Choose SSL for both the server and click on OK
- Click on Next of Add account window and while testing the account settings, Outlook will prompt for the password of Gmail repeatedly even after choosing option to save the password.
- The password of the Gmail account is prompted repeatedly by MS Outlook because we have not enabled the option of Allow less secure Apps from the Gmail account.
To enable the option we must login into our Gmail account.
- Go to My account on the profile and Go to sign-in & security option
- On the Sign-in & Security settings, enable the option of Allow less secure Apps and sign out from the Gmail account.
- Go to Outlook and click on Next to check if it is working now
- We can see that the account setting has been tested successfully. Now click on Close.
- We will see the window notifying that the Gmail account is configured with MS Outlook. Click on Finish
- We can login to the Gmail Profile that we configured with Outlook by selecting the profile and click OK
- We can access our Gmail account with the help of MS Outlook.
In the blog, we have discussed about the most common issue “Outlook Keep Asking for Password” while configuring the Gmail or any other email client’s account with MS Outlook. We need to keep in mind the changes or modifications that needs to be made on Outlook and Gmail for successful configuration of account. The page gives the in-depth procedure of configuring the Gmail account with MS Outlook.