How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 in the Best Possible Way
In today’s world, emails are the most common means of communication among business as well as home users. Therefore, to have email communication, users use any email application of their choice. It is pretty much clear that applications are also improvising their standards and requirements of users to the next level. With increasing technology, the challenge comes when the user wants to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365. Users want to migrate/ transfer to some other email application if they are not satisfied with the one they are using.
Yahoo Mail is also one such application that does not match the requirements of users in a proper way. Hence, users have queries like how to migrate Yahoo to Office 365? Moreover, if a user is taking its small business to another level then, also it is important to have an email application that provides a professional environment to its users. Therefore, in order to have an easy-to-use and robust features application, one must switch to Office 365 from Yahoo Mail. To resolve this issue, we have discussed various techniques in this blog to migrate Yahoo to Office 365 account.
Instant Solution – Convert Yahoo emails in bulk to PST file format and import resultant file to Office 365 instantly using the tool. Download the tool from the below button.
Download Now Purchase Now
Steps to Use The Tool to Migrate Emails From Yahoo to Office 365
Step-1: Download and open the tool on your system.
Step-2: Add id and password to log in and click Login button.
Step-3: Select PST File Format to import.
Step-4: Click Start to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
Why Import Yahoo Email to Office 365
To have a better understanding the need of users to perform Yahoo to Office 365 migration, we have discussed the most common queries asked by the users. These queries let you know the exact reason of why people convert Yahoo to Office 365.
“In today’s modern era where technology is increasing day by day, Yahoo Mail has become little outdated when compared with other new web-based application such as Office 365. In order to avail all the new exciting features provided by Office 365 application, I have decided to switch to Office 365 from Yahoo Mail. Therefore, I am searching for a solution to perform Yahoo Mail migration to Office 365 in most reliable and perfect way without any loss of data.”
“Yahoo Mail is for Small Business organizations with limited services and Office 365 offers a more flexible environment for business related activities. After having a look on Office 365 and its various facilities such as scheduling meeting, safety and security features than Yahoo Mail, I have decided to migrate to Office 365 portal. As I don’t know how to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 so, can anyone suggest me a solution regarding this?”
“From past few days, I am working on a trial version of the Office 365 business premium because it provides a more professional environment to its users. Therefore, I have tried many times to migrate Yahoo to Office 365 account but still unsuccessful. That’s why I am searching for a solution that can help me to convert Yahoo to Office 365 in the most simple way.”
Solution on How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
Migration between email application has become a trend among users nowadays. They keep on switching between application due to any reason. One such email migration asked by users is from Yahoo to Office 365. Therefore, to solve the problem, we have discussed various helpful tips that a user can use to do the same.
Move Yahoo Mail to Office 365 Manually
One thing that a user must keep in mind that there is no direct manual solution available to convert Yahoo to Office 365. Therefore, one should first move Yahoo Mail to Office 365 via Outlook method and after that import converter Yahoo email to Office 365 account.
Convert Yahoo Mail to Office 365 via PST file format
In order to migrate Yahoo to Office 365 via Outlook data file format, a user needs to follow the steps given below:
- First, change the Account Security of Yahoo Mail, enable Allow apps that use less secure sign-in option
- After that, open MS Outlook and go to File >> Info >> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings. After that click Next to continue
- Now, select the POP3 or IMAP option from the Add New Account window and click on Next to continue
- Here, enter all credentials i.e. Yahoo email address and password. If you do not want to be prompted each time you login, check the Remember Password option
- After that, in the incoming mail server field, type pop.mail.yahoo.com and in the outgoing server field, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- After that, click on More Settings option and in the POP and IMAP Account Settings, enter a name for the account
- Then, choose the Outgoing Server tab and check the Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server and My SMTP Requires Authentication options
- Now, open the Advanced tab and for the POP3 server, type 995 and for the SMTP server, type 465. Select SSL as the encryption type and select the This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection option
- Then, click on OK >> Next button and then click on Finish option. After that, Exit and Restart Outlook.
- Finally, click on Send/Receive tab and choose Send/Receive All Folders option. All of your Yahoo folders are present in Outlook.
- Go to the default location to confirm if the yahoo file is saved or not.
Convert Resultant Yahoo Data to Office 365 Account
To move resultant Outlook data file to Office 365 account a user can choose any of the methods discussed below:
Method 1: Using network upload
- To start, copy the SAS URL and install Azure AzCopy on the machine
- After that, upload all files to Office 365 account
- Then, you need to view the uploaded files to continue the process
- Now, create a new import mapping file
- Finally, you have to create the import job in Office 365
Method 2: Using Drive Shipping
- Copy the files in a BitLocker-encrypted hard disk
- After that, transfer the drive to Microsoft physically
- After receiving the hard disk, the data personnel start uploading the received MS Outlook data to a location, which is temporary in the cloud of Microsoft
- Now, you can take help of Office 365 Import service to convert Yahoo Email to Office 365 account
Why Manual Procedure Fails?
It can be possible that a user might fail to import Yahoo Mail to Office 365 account using manual procedure because:
- Manual Procedure is quite lengthy and complex to perform for a novice user. Therefore, it is time-consuming and a user may need a help of technical expert also.
- There might be a risk of loss of data also because it is not a guaranteed solution.
Alternative Solution to Import/Transfer Yahoo Mail to Office 365 account
As discussed above, there is no direct method available to convert Yahoo to Office 365 account. Therefore, to have a perfect and reliable solution and to overcome all the limitations of manual procedure, one can go for third party solution that can help you convert Yahoo to PST and then import PST file into Office 365 account quickly & efficiently.
Download Now Purchase Now
Working of the Tool to Move Emails from Yahoo to Office 365
- Download, Install and Open the tool on your computer.
- Add credentials and access Yahoo account in the software.
- Select PST File format to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
- Browse the location to save the Data file to any desired location.
- Finally, click on the Start button to begin the process.
After understanding the problems faced by the users regarding “How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365”. We have discussed different solutions to do the same. A user can choose any of them according to their convenience. As manual procedure has some limitations so, two third party tools i.e. Yahoo Backup and Office 365 Restore are also suggested to Transfer/Move Yahoo to Office 365 easily.