How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Account Manually?
In today’s world, emails are the most common means of communication among business as well as home users. Therefore, to have email communication, users use any email application of their choice. It is pretty much clear that applications are also improvising their standards and requirements of users to the next level. With increasing technology, the challenge comes when the user wants to know how to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365. As they want to migrate / transfer to some other email application if they are not satisfied with the one they are using.
Yahoo Mail is also one such application that does not match the requirements of users in a proper way. Hence, users have queries like how to migrate Yahoo to O365 / Microsoft 365? Moreover, if a user is taking its small business to another level then, also it is important to have an email application that provides a professional environment to its users. Therefore, in order to have an easy-to-use and robust features application, one must switch to Microsoft Office 365 from Yahoo Mail.
User Queries for Yahoo to O365 Migration?
To have a better understanding the need of users for this task, we have discussed the most common queries asked by the users. These queries let you know the exact reason of why people import Yahoo mail to Office 365.
“User Query 1: In today’s modern era where technology is increasing day by day, Yahoo Mail has become little outdated when compared with other new web-based application such as Office 365. In order to avail all the new exciting features provided by Office 365 application, I have decided to switch to Microsoft 365. Therefore, I am searching for a solution to migrate Yahoo business email to Office 365 in most reliable and perfect way without any loss of data.”
“User Query 2: Yahoo Mail is for Small Business organizations with limited services and O365 offers a more flexible environment for business related activities. After having a look on Office 365 and its various facilities such as scheduling meeting, safety and security features than Yahoo Mail, I have decided to migrate to Microsoft 365 / Office 365 portal. As I don’t know how to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 so, can anyone suggest me a solution regarding this?”
“User Query 3: From past few days, I am working on a trial version of the Office 365 business premium because it provides a more professional environment to its users. Therefore, I have tried many times to migrate emails but still unsuccessful. That’s why I am searching for a solution that can help me in this bulk migration in the most simple way.”
Solution on How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
Migration between email application has become a trend among users nowadays. They keep on switching between application due to any reason. One such email migration asked by users is from Yahoo to O365 account. Therefore, to solve the problem, we have discussed various helpful tips that a user can use to do the same.
One thing that a user must keep in mind that there is no direct manual solution available to import Yahoo Mail emails to Office 365. Therefore, one should first transfer it via Outlook method and after that import them into desired M365 account.
To ease the pain of both Windows and Mac users, we will also sharing a direct and reliable automated solution. That professional solution will help you to transfer all the Yahoo mail emails along with attachments into selected Microsoft 365 account.
Free Solution to Transfer Yahoo Account Emails
In order to perform this Yahoo to O365 migration, first, you will need to export Yahoo mail to PST data file format and later you can import it into desired Microsoft 365 account. Follow the steps given below for the same –
- First, change the Account Security of Yahoo Mail, enable Allow apps that use less secure sign-in option
- After that, open MS Outlook and go to File >> Info >> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings. After that click Next to continue the importation
- Now, select the POP3 or IMAP option from the Add New Account window and click on Next to proceed
- Here, enter all credentials i.e. Yahoo email address and password. If you do not want to be prompted each time you login, check the Remember Password option
- After that, in the incoming mail server field, type pop.mail.yahoo.com and in the outgoing server field, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- After that, click on More Settings option and in the POP and IMAP Account Settings, enter a name for the account
- Then, choose the Outgoing Server tab and check the Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server and My SMTP Requires Authentication options
- Now, open the Advanced tab and for the POP3 server, type 995 and for the SMTP server, type 465. Select SSL as the encryption type and select the This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection option
- Then, click on OK >> Next button and then click on Finish option. After that, Exit and Restart MS Outlook.
- Finally, click on Send/Receive tab and choose Send/Receive All Folders option. All of your Yahoo folders are present in MS Outlook.
- Go to the default location to confirm if the Yahoo file is saved or not on your desktop.
So, once you get the resultant file then just configure the Microsoft 365 account in your Outlook application and you can later import PST to Office 365 into it.
Why Manual Procedure Fails?
It can be possible that a user might fail to import Yahoo Mail to Office 365 account using manual procedure because:
- Manual Procedure is quite lengthy and complex to perform for a novice user. Therefore, it is time-consuming and a user may need a help of technical expert also.
- Moreover, you will have to repeat the entire task again and again for multiple users, which will eventually a headache.
- There might be a risk of loss of data also because it is not a guaranteed solution.
Alternative Solution to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 Account
As discussed above, there is no direct manual method available to this migration. Therefore, to overcome all the limitations of manual procedure, one can go for reliable IMAP to Office 365 Migration Software. Using this tool, one can easily transfer as many emails as required to Microsoft 365 account.
Besides this, this migrator is even perfect to import specific emails from one IMAP to another IMAP enabled destination account. Moreover, it even comes for all the Mac & Windows users for a bulk email migration along with attachments. So, user can operate the IMAP Migration Tool for Mac & Windows OS easily on its supported versions.
So, using the essential as per the supported version and perform a safe and quick Yahoo to O365 migration. Or to know more about the tool just go for its free demo version of any OS.
How to Use Yahoo to O365 Migration Tool Step by Step?
- Download, Install and Open the tool on your supported Windows computer, and select the source platform as IMAP and destination platform as Office 365
- Thereafter, scroll a bit and tick the Email category option and set the date filter
- From the next screen, select the Other option from drop-down and enter the Yahoo Mail account details and Validate
- Move further for the Destination account, provide MS Office 365 account credentials as asked and Validate
- Eventually, Add User as necessary >> Validate them >> click the Start Migration to migrate Yahoo emails to Microsoft 365.
How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 on Mac OS?
Firstly, download the utility on your Mac desktop of supported version, install and run the tool, follow the guidelines-
- Mouse-click the Continue after completing the given prerequisites from the welcome screen
- Then, select Yahoo Mail option as a host name >> Provide its username and password and tap Validate
- Then, choose the Office 365 host name for Destination IMAP account >> enter active O365 details >> Validate
- Mark the delta migration feature to skip already migrated Yahoo mail emails & attachments to O365
- At last, tap on the Start Migration button to begin the importation process on Mac OS.
After understanding the problems faced by the users regarding “How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365”. We have discussed different solutions to do the same. A user can choose any of them according to their convenience. However, the suggested manual procedure has some limitations so, we recommend you to go for the automated solution for Yahoo to O365 migration. As this automated software will provide accurate results and complete the email migration in a very short span of time.