New Gmail Design Coming Soon : Google About to Launch Redesigned Gmail Web in 2018
Here, is a good news for all Gmail users as Google is planning to launch a new design for its Gmail web interface soon (Gmail New Design 2018). An email was sent to G Suite customers via email to tell them that the company has been working on a new version of Gmail for the web. Google is launching an “Early Adopter Program” (EAP) for a “new experience in Gmail”. This will bring New Gmail Design with several new features including the smart reply from the web, snoozing emails, and offline support.
Moreover, it is expected that new design is a “hybrid of Gmail and Inbox” that is the left-side column will be more like inbox.google.com and the right will be an enlarged version of Gmail. The background color of New Gmail Look is said to be a blue-ish gradient. Moreover, every folder on the left side may have an icon just like Inbox and dividers to split the categories. Let us explore some features that may be present in new Gmail.
New Look of Gmail
Some of the Expected Features of Gmail New Design 2018
1. With a fresh and clean look of Gmail, the New Gmail Look is a combination of Gmail and Inbox.
2. One can expect to be able to access Google Calendar from the Gmail interface directly.
3. A person will be able to snooze emails so that they reappear in the inbox, hours or days later.
4. Everyone knows about Smart Reply. Now, theses algorithmically-generated replies (smart replies) will also be available on New Gmail Look.
5. Users can also expect a common Search box and a bell icon for notifications.
6. Folder creation is just one click away. One can expect to create a new folder just by clicking on the “Create New Option”.
7. Quick access to calendar, notes or tasks is expected.
8. Google is also working on a new way to store emails on the computer for offline access.
9. Highlights option is also expected, one can see highlights instantly.
10. One can also expect Reminder option.
11. Google also advises that many popular Chrome extensions will continue to work on the new Gmail experience, but before this Google is looking to test critical Chrome extensions, to ensure the new Gmail experience is adaptable before it’s available officially.
Gmail will not initially have offline support with the launch of the EAP, but Google promises that “native offline support in the new Gmail experience” will be available by June 2018. Google is working on some major updates to New Gmail Design as they are still in draft phase. However, an exact launch of the EAP for business customers that use G Suite is only slated for “the coming week”. The email does confirm that these changes will also be made available to users with personal Gmail accounts.
Time to Wrap Up
Google products are always superior when they integrate tightly with other Google products. Moreover, Google is redesigning Gmail after 14 years, users are expecting more from the new Gmail. There will be features like the smart reply, fresh and clean look, ability to snooze emails, calendar, tasks, offline support etc. in the New Gmail Design. Besides this, Gmail web redesign is a combination of Gmail and Inbox so one can expect more from this Gmail New Design 2018.